Monday, July 26, 2010

My God...

DISCLAIMER:- this work is, purely a work of reality and what I think. This, being a democratic world, I believe in my freedom of speech and expression and in yours too as long as we don’t hurt other’s sentiments. It’s just my views. I am, in no way, forcing my ideas on you. Accept it if you wanna or dump it down the drain. But, read on with an open mind, and you might just find that your ideas about god is changing. And if this hurts any sentiments, then all I can say is, “I don’t absolutely give a fuck.”





Ever since I was a child, I was told that some guy called God looks over us and protects us. I was told that he sees all wrong and punishes the guilty. He rewards those who do good and also forgives all those who are sorry for their sins. Being an innocent little kid, I believed every word that I was told.as I grew older, as sense got into me, as I started using this brain I got to unravel the various wonders I saw around me and try to understand why, I realized that this God concept wasn’t that authentic or true. Nonetheless, I believed it. As time began to fly and I started reading physics books and about all the famous and the not-so-famous discoveries that made our life so much worth living, I began doubting that god kept us fit and fine. But, when I took this up to dad, dad said that these things were discovered because god wanted us to find them.
This is how my dad defines god. So many people have so many definitions. Some say god is the savior. Others say god helps them in times of need. Some curse him for anything that goes wrong. Some thinks he does miracles. My very close and special friend, Bharti, takes god to be someone to whom she can talk to…a friend to whom she can always look up to and share all her emotions and pains with…with one catch, though…she gets no response back in return. I salute Bharti for this view about god. All her pent up emotions that she gathers during the, at the end of it all, she just tells them to her friend and relieves herself of this burden of emotions. I salute her because she does one important thing which, I believe, all of us should do…kick all emotions away because, pent up emotions can cause a real dis-balance in our system.
I won’t go into much detail about idea on god. I’ll just give you my views. All of you must be knowing that energy and matter can neither be created nor destroyed. In the language of physics, the total energy of the universe is constant. Well, answer this, where did this energy come from? Who created the universe? Who framed the laws of Nature? All I can say is, and the great Stephen Hawking agrees with me, that there is some kind of a mystique power, intangible to our mortal senses and beyond our understanding, which provided the energy for it all. I mean, look around you, everything’s going on at such a perfect, normal pace…all so well balanced, so well planned. Nothing is going haywire, is it? Why? Why is our universe expanding at such a rate that it’s avoiding the critical rate for which, it’ll be destined for the Big Crunch or keep on expanding at such a fast rate that it’ll all be lost into infinity? How come, there is just the perfect amount of Dark Matter in the universe to check the Crunch Effect of gravity? (Dark Matter is a force which is opposite to gravity. It pulls things away.). The answer is simple – there is a controlling force. We can put it this way – something, or someone, framed the laws of the universe, put enough energy to cause the Big-Bang and then, just let it expand according to its laws. And, in some part of its laws, there was written the development of intelligent beings like us who would actually question why was everything the way they were…brilliant, isn’t it? Wait, I have more. Then, this means that we might not be the only intelligent beings in the universe. Extra-terrestrial life may exist as well. Then, why can’t we find who is it?
Once, I was asked by a priest, “Son, do you believe in god?” I answered, “I believe I can never understand God.” Yes, I now know how right I was. After spending hours and days in thought, I finally came up with this. You see, this thing, this being or whatever has got us created by its own laws. Our brain, with which we try to understand everything, is just a gift of this thing. Then, how can we, using this brain, understand our creator? It’s something like this – suppose when you were born, you were separated from your dad. After 21 years, you are shown three men and you are asked to recognize who your dad is. Will you be able to tell by just looking? No, right? The same is here. We just cannot use our brain to understand its creator. Like the sacred texts say, there are a few things which god simply doesn’t want us to understand. And last, but not the least, people say that god is within us. I’ll put it this way – each one of us, every object or being around us is an example of how beautifully the laws were set by this great being…so it’s not wrong to say that a part of this being is within each and everything, is it? I bow to thee, Creator…thy powers are really great…

No comments:

Post a Comment